Solicitors (door-to-door sales) in Kearney must observe the following restrictions:
- Solicitors must possess a VALID Occupational License issued by the City of Kearney, Missouri.
- Solicitors must conduct business DURING the approved hours (schedule listed below).
- The residence approached does NOT have a "No Soliciting" sign that is conspicuously displayed.
Solicitors who attempt to conduct business in Kearney without a valid occupational license, before or after scheduled hours, or enter upon real property that has a "No Soliciting" sign conspicuously displayed are in violation of this updated Soliciting Ordinance and citizens may contact Kearney Police to report these violations at 816-628-3925 (816-407-3700 after hours)
Approved hours for door-to-door sales are:
- Monday-Friday: After 9am and before the earlier of dusk or 9pm.
- Saturday-Sunday: After 10am and before the earlier of dusk or 9pm.
- For purposes of this section, dusk means thirty (30) minutes after sunset.