The City of Kearney is proud to be working with KC Communities for All Ages. Through this program, city and civic leaders will be able to identify and act upon issues and opportunities concerning the aging adult population. We recognize the intrinsic value of the older generation, respect their wisdom and insight, and look to involve them in creating a high standard of living in the community they live.
KC Communities for All Ages was formed in 2008 to coordinate a community response to the future needs of the aging baby boomer generation. The Kansas City area's older adult population is expected to nearly double over the next 20 years, from almost 180,000 in 2007 to more than 372,000 by the year 2030 - a 107 percent increase. The KC Communities for All Ages initiative will focus on five major areas: housing, transportation and mobility, social and civic engagement, caregiving, and health.
Quick Facts on aging:
- The over 65 population is the biggest it has ever been in American history.
- The Baby Boomer generation (1946-1964) turns 65 years old at the rate of 10,000 per day, and will continue to do so for the next 20 years.
- The average American life expectancy is now 78.3 years.
- By the year 2030, 20% of all Americans will be age 65 or older.
- By the year 2050, 1 out of every 10 older adults will be age 90 or over.
- Approximately 80% of this age group are white; 8% African- American; 4% Hispanic, and 2% Asian.
- Upcoming Events / Past Events
- Mission / Vision / Action Agenda
- Advisory Board and Subcommittees
- Funding & Partners
- Facts on Aging
- Housing & Universal Design
- Social & Civic Engagement
- Economic Impact
- Community AGEnda
- Communities for All Ages Recognition Program
- Communities for All Ages Recognition Program cities
- Communities for All Ages Professional Network
- Generation Exchange
Older Driver Safety
- General Information
- Info for Older Adults
- Info for Family, Caregivers & Service Providers
- Info for Law Enforcement & Medical Professionals
- Info for City Officials & Urban Planners
- Older Driver Safety Resources
- KC Communities for All Ages Publications
- Articles & Reports
- Online Resources
- Regional Resources
- Resources for legislators
- Area Agencies on Aging
Below are links to information maintained by the U.S. Census bureau. While the links may appear to by the same, they will present different information as well as additional links to other useful data.
Click here for the U.S. Census Bureau Population Estimate tables for Kearney, Missouri. The table is based on estimated population beginning with the April 1, 2000 Census records and continues through July 1, 2006.
Additional links are available through this chart.
Click here for the U.S. Census Bureau Demographic Information link for Kearney, Missouri. You will also be given other links to detailed information as well.